Dear Future Best Bride Friend, I'm so excited that you've chosen me to be your bridesmaid! If I'm in your bridal party, I promise to always stand by you and support you as you plan your wedding day. As a good friend/sister/relative, I want to help make your wedding journey as enjoyable and un-stressful as it can be. But you have to try and do the same for me! As much as it's your big day, I'll be along with you for the ride, and we'll both have a much better time if we're both happy. With that in mind, I think you'll be the coolest bride ever if you just follow these 10 simple rules...
And if you don't like our choices? Chances are we kept the receipt, just in case. But seriously, how cute are these mismatched bridesmaids? You know you're into it.
And we're definitely going to want to dance the night away. More comfy shoes are preferred, so we're not trying to brave the dance floor in bare feet!
3. Loosen us up the morning of the big day. We want to celebrate with you, and be nice and relaxed for the ceremony! We won't say no to some drinks, snacks, and extra pampering.
Oh, and personal thank you gifts are always appreciated - it'll give us a special way to remember being a part of your wedding!
5. If you want us to rock crazy or complicated hairstyles for the wedding, offer to pay for it. Trust us - there's no way that we'll figure out these 'dos by ourselves, and you'll be happier if we look just the way you want.
6. If I don't know anyone, introduce me to all the bridesmaids beforehand so we have time to be friends. Fun outings, lunch, or nights out are a great way to get us together before the big day.
9. I'm happy to help you out with most things - DIY projects, picking up dresses, or mailing invites are all expected. But don't ask me last minute for my help, or resent me if I can't make it. I have other things to do too!
10. If you're not stoked about the bachelorette party we're planning, then please don't throw a fit - this is our event to plan for you! Instead, hint nicely about one or two things you'd be excited to do. And if it's a trip to Vegas that we can't afford, offer to pitch in.