So you're engaged, and it's getting closer to the big day. As you're sorting through the final, small details of your wedding (centerpieces, favors, etc), you'll find yourself occupied with many last-minute tasks and DIY projects on a short schedule. Any bride who's planned her wedding before knows that the last few months leading up to the wedding is filled with late-night runs to the craft store and frantic calls to bridesmaids!
One thing that all brides should consider though, is having a way to collect photos from wedding guests on and after the big day. Yes, your photographer and their seconds shooter (you got a second shooter, right?) will be capturing many special moments, but your guests are going to experience your big day a bit differently than you will be experiencing it; why not set up a way to be able to see their photos and your big day through an entirely different lens? With all the last minute to-dos, this might not be something that's on the top of your priority list. However, it doesn't need to be, because this is actually incredibly easy to do!
Wedding Partyis a custom app and website that brides and grooms can set up for free, which helps them communicate and share important wedding information and details with guests. While there are many great features to Wedding Party, today I'm going to highlight the photo-sharing feature. It's a free, easy way to collect photos from your wedding guests, and also a great way for wedding guests to share the photos they take of your big day with each other! Best of all, you can download all the photos later to your computer, and save them for printing, sending to relatives, or whatever else you were hoping to do with those pretty pics.
Here's how to get Wedding Party:
2. Choose the option to set up your wedding, create a new account, and follow the instructions to set up your wedding.
3. Once your wedding is set up, invite your guests. After all, you can't collect photos from your wedding guests if they're not on board as well!
4. While you're waiting for your wedding guests to join, experiment with the photo uploading feature. You can upload photos to your Wedding Party account no matter if you're using a smart phone or website. Adding some photos to start is a great way to encourage your guests to start uploading theirs too!
5. Make sure to remind guests about using Wedding Party in different ways. We provide you with custom table cards you can print and set out around your wedding to remind your guests to share their photos to Wedding Party. It's also helpful to have your core group of bridesmaids and groomsmen using Wedding Party and encouraging other guests to do so as well.
(Check out these 7 unique ways to invite guests to join Wedding Party, if you need some creative ideas!)
6. Watch as guests share the photos and their favorite memories from your big day on Wedding Party. Tell your guests they can also see the photos that everyone else took on Wedding Party as well -- they probably had such an awesome time they want to relive the magic!
7. Time to download! When you're satisfied with the photos that are uploaded to Wedding Party, go to your Wedding Party dashboard online at weddingpartyapp.com, and choose the option to download all your photos!
There you have it, brides! An easy way to collect photos from your wedding guests. Really, all you need to be able to do is download an app and set it up (and I promise it's so easy, your flower girl could do it). No need to spend money, hours of your time, or any stress. Once you set it up, the rest is on your guests to get on board and start sharing!
I'd love to hear what you think about this handy little tool! Comment below to let us know if you have questions, or thoughts on other ways to collect photos from wedding guests.
Stay tuned for next week, when I'll go over the surprisingly cool and fun ways to use photos from your wedding day after the big day is over!