So you have gotten engaged, had your engagement party, booked most of the vendors for your wedding and you find yourself asking what next? Well now it is time for you to start working on creating amazing and unique save the dates the don't suck! It may seem like a tall order to create awesome and unique save the dates, but we have found 12 of the best save the date ideas for you! Hopefully these fun and unique save the dates will inspire you.
Just in case you aren't entirely sure what you should be putting on your save the date here are a few etiquette pointers:
- Send the save the dates out 6 months before the wedding (especially if you have a large portion of out of town guests).
- Save the dates are a must have for a destination wedding.
- Consider your audience before creating a very silly save the date.
- Be sure to include the location on the save the date.
- Include "formal invitation to follow" so your guests know they will be receiving them.
- Let guests know about plus ones on the save the date, so they can plan accordingly.
- Include your Wedding Party information on your save the date, so your guests know where to look for more details!
- Have fun and come up with something cute!
Read on to see the 12 most unique save the date ideas that don't suck!
1. Cute and fun photos:
Cute and fun photos for your save the dates are perfect for the couple that wants to be artistic and show off their amazing engagement photos!
2. Destination wedding save the dates:
For a destination wedding luggage tags and passports make amazing save the dates! These also work for couples who got engaged abroad!
3. Jigsaw puzzle save the date:
Jigsaw puzzle save the dates are perfect for the pair that feels like they found their missing piece.
Balloons are a fun and adorable save the date! When your guests inflate the balloon they get to see the fun details of your wedding, it is a great way to make your save the dates interactive!
5. Tie the knot save the dates:
Tie the knot save the dates are a cute and creative way to share your wedding information with your guests! They are perfect for the couple who can not wait to tie the knot!
6. Scratch off save the date:
Scratch off save the dates are a great save the dates are for the couple who feels like the won the lottery! It is perfect for the couple who couldn't feel luckier they found their partner!
7. Matchbox save the date:
Matchbox save the dates are for the couple who feel like they are the perfect match! It is also a nice keepsakes for guests!
8. Fingerprint save the date:
Fingerprint save the dates are perfect for leaving your personal touch on your save the dates! Two fingerprints also make the perfect heart, illustrating how well you and your partner come together.
9. Confetti explosion:
A bag of confetti is a fun way to celebrate a couples soon to be wedding date! It is also perfect for the couple who likes a big celebration.
10. Screen Printed Handkerchiefs:
Screen printed handkerchiefs are a great save the date for a small wedding that you know is going to bring your guests to tears!
11. Crossword puzzle:
A crossword puzzle is a very fun save the date! Great for the couple who loves word games and solving puzzles.
A save the date video is perfect for the tech couple who feels like their love story is one that is meant for the movies!
So what do you brides to be think? Are any of these save the date ideas the ones you will be using? Let us know in the comments, we would love to know what you end up doing for your save the dates!
Lauren Sinton is a recent graduate from UC Davis with a degree in English and an emphasis in Creative Writing. She is a prolific poet and loves absolutely everything about writing and reading poetry. She has also been planning her own wedding since she was in the 2nd grade, which is now finally coming in handy since she is recently engaged.